Saturday, June 11, 2016

Tender sorrow or Psyche's come hither



 Tender Sorrow
            Psyche’s voice rose through the background noise of my dreams.  She was addressing me again.  “And another thing,” she began, “we also exist within the margins and crevices, the borderlands and the landscapes of other dimensions.  You don’t have to squeeze the fullness of your existence into such small quarters.”
            “I am not telling you to seek salvation or to throw the clock out the window so that you can see time fly.  Not that old joke.  You see, I want to fly.  And I don’t care whether time flies with me.  In fact, I know that time cannot go where I do.  It does not exist here.”
            “But time is such a strange element in your life.  It should have a place on the periodic table as every other element that is considered essential and identifiable.  It intercepts you at various stages along the way.  It plays a bewitching fiddle to your life’s dance.”
            “Hermes also intercepts you through time and space, covering tremendous distances.  If time is the elaborate work then he is the shuttle in the weave.  Only someone as mercurial as Hermes could come back from all the intersections to bring word to the surface world of consciousness.  But I know he must travel so much distance.   And it sometimes seems as if all must be taken from him in order to communicate in your stripped down model of reality that “they” have agreed upon.”

Except from Conversations with Nic by freda karpf

No comments:

Post a Comment